Futures in bitcoin, which has taken international financial markets by storm, hauled over their launch cost, while the U.S. dollar retained gains in Monday’s Asian session on expectations the Federal Reserve will adhere to its tightening path.
- Persimmon building boss Jeff Fairburn set to pocket £50 million worth of shares
- Residents of one of his housing developments in Salford are furious at his bonus
- They moved into their new homes several years ago and they remain unfinished
Apple Inc. is in talks to acquire Shazam Entertainment Ltd., whose software helps users identify songs by pointing their telephone for an audio source, according to a person familiar with the circumstance.
- Currency traders gave thumbs-up to May-Juncker deal and bought sterling
- Pound surged to €1.151 from a low yesterday of €1.131, but later fell back to €1.141
- Business groups react with relief to the Brussels pact
Financial regulators reached a long-sought deal on Thursday to harmonize global banking rules, capping a decade of effort to make banks more resilient even if they fell short of their own initial hopes.
Hedge fund TCI has suffered a setback in its campaign to oust the chairman of the London Stock Exchange Group PLC after influential advisory group Institutional Shareholder Services recommended that investors vote against the activist’s proposal.